Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcb
Visitor

Working with Livestream to feed My Roku

Greetings Fellow Developers!

I think I'm looking for the livestream file name to use as an object in my BrightScript Project.

1 - Can LiveStream.com provide a file name/stream to Roku?

2 - If so, where can I find resources that will assist in figuring out how to get my Livestream onto my new Roku Channel?

Thank You for Your Support and Comments that help me along The Way!

tcb
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
tcb
Visitor

Re: Working with Livestream to feed My Roku

Well Sports Fans I just got off the phone with Livestream Support.

LS Support says:

We don't currently offer public accessable API calls for the new.livestream.com platform.

I have requested it as a feature requests.

I've only seen a js that can be used with original.livestream.com to access the API calls. No joy for the new.livestream version.

So....

If you've got an inside track on this, I'd really appreciate it if you would share your experience, secrets, in snagging an API call from the new.livestream.com with me!

As for now....my Roku Channel is kaput. Eclipse running good with plug-in. The plug-in telnet's back and forth to my Roku Box just fine too. I'll be creating my new channel graphics and admiring them on my Roku screen until such time I can get "a magic file name" or API Call to URL to my Livestream Content so that I can finish my channel.

Again,

I thank all those brave hearts that come out and share the things they have learned!

tcb
0 Kudos
coskel
Roku Guru

Do you have to use livestream?
Channels: Go Live Sports Cast/Audion - Audiobooks On Demand
"All I've had today is, like, six gummy bears and some scotch."
0 Kudos
tcb
Visitor

I guess I don't have to use Livestream.

Since Liestream has my money, what other cost effective solutions Are available where I can stream 24/7 content that Roku can use?
0 Kudos