Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Where is screensaver documentation?

"EnTerr" wrote:
Besides tmp:/, I found another means for main/screensaver "interprocess" communication: roRegistry. Registry i think is better choice for fast messaging between the two, since all happens in RAM and there is no need to reg.flush() - one can do reg.write() and the other right away reg.read() and see the result. Let me know if there is issue with relying on that behavior.

This technique is being reviewed by RokuMarkN for thread-safety, i.e. what happens when one both screensaver and main app write to the same registry key at the same time, or one is reading at the same moment the other is writing.

- Joel
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

(While i was tempted to say "My God, it's full of stars!", am legally obligated to reply:)

Yaaaay...
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
And there was much rejoicing.

--Mark

Congratulations! You have just won an Ono-Sendai Samurai Seven!
0 Kudos
NewNewz
Visitor

I would also like to see the official documentation from Roku on implementing a screensaver if it is possible? I can't seem to find it anywhere online 😞 When I search for Roku stuff it doesn't seem to be official - more just interesting info
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"NewNewz" wrote:
I would also like to see the official documentation from Roku on implementing a screensaver if it is possible? I can't seem to find it anywhere online 😞 When I search for Roku stuff it doesn't seem to be official - more just interesting info eg http://simplenewz.com/2014-09-14/Mainstream/feed/28577

http://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Screensavers
0 Kudos