Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

What's new in fw 4.2.1006 in regards to ECP?

Availability of firmware 4.2.1006 (Roku 2) was announced the other day and as part of it "Mobile support – Added enhancements to support an official Roku iPhone app that will be in the iTunes App Store soon."

Pray tell, Roku.*, what are those enhancements? Don't we - the authors of "pilot fish" remote apps - deserve to know too?

I am speculating that one thing might relate to Hulu+ channel handling of ECP commands for FF/Rew - i was just testing because user emailed complaining that my remote app gets "stuck" when rewinding back and forth movies in Hulu+ - and so it was the case both for Roku1 and Roku2. But when i forced update on Roku2 from 4.1.2669 to 4.2.1006, now i notice that it works better, at least is able to stop rewind tardily - where the experience on Roku1 remains atrocious.

And what about API for injecting accelerometer data? We could do great things with smart phones as remotes, way above and beyond the bluetooth remote - hope you open that interface at last.
0 Kudos