Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkard
Visitor

What Type Of Screen is "Settings"?

Hey gang!

I'd like to do a similar screen to the default "Settings" screen within the Roku, but I'm not sure what type of screen it is. Can you point me in the right direction? If it's not possible to do the exact style, what do you suggest? Example image of what I mean below:

Thanks
Jay
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: What Type Of Screen is "Settings"?

The only way I know of to recreate that functionality would be roImageCanvas. Roku isn't a scrolling powerhouse, so it might not look as smooth when you create it yourself.
0 Kudos
brocker
Visitor

Cool, that's kind of what I was thinking the answer might be. I'll mess with the Canvas and see what comes of it.

Thanks destruk!
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

That settings screen is new with the Roku 2. It might be available in the 4.x SDK, but that hasn't been released yet, and isn't available for the older Roku 1 units, so you're probably best off recreating it, if you need that functionality.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

for Roku2 and the hopefully soon-to-be-released 3.0 firmware, you can do that with roScreen if you want a slick smooth interface like that.

RoImage canvas will give you a kind of clunky interface, even if it looks good, it won't perform very well.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos