Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjb64
Roku Guru

Re: Websockets?

"EnTerr" wrote:
Oh i see. I was asking specifically about "WebSocket" standard (RFC 6455

Yeah, my bad, I read that as sockets, so many people interchange the terms web and net that I jumped in the wrong direction. Sorry about that...

"EnTerr" wrote:
It seems amazing the degree you had to bend backwards for M3U8. Can't Roku play it locally?! M3U format supports local files like "tmp:/"...

I do that for the top level master M3U8, but then that master calls call sub M3U8s (resolution/speed variants) from within it, and I couldn't get them to recognize anything but 'http...'
0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

Re: Websockets?

Same thing I perform in Roku. Here I test with two scenarios 1. With a tmp:/ Roku allow permission to access Local m3u8(Here content available without Encryption). 2. and I also tried to play Encryption content in Locally. I'm not able to play Locally. I created a simple web server in C# and stored m3u8(Encryption Content) here and give this server Link to Roku Video Player. I don't know. how without encryption m3u8 play Locally and with Encryption m3u8 required Server?

0 Kudos