Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Level 8

Re: [WTF] Is Roku giving away the store?!

"belltown" wrote:
However, there is still a bug when using the latest version of Internet Explorer, both on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Any price of $0.99 is displayed as %{price}.99 - But all other prices ending in 99c seem to work: $1.99, $2.99, etc.

I would call this a separate bug (albeit possibly related behind the scenes), which in a perfect world should get a separate thread.

My concern in this thread is - why did RokuCo start selling $0.99 apps for $0.00? I saw a successful sale of my non-free app for $0.00 in the transaction log, so i gather the issue is not just cosmetic!

Other developers with $ apps - are you seeing such $0 shenanigans in your sale logs for March? (I am guessing this started when the monthly bug-o-web was cast).
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"EnTerr" wrote:
I saw a successful sale of my non-free app for $0.00 in the transaction log, so i gather the issue is not just cosmetic!

That's usually one of us testing your app, or someone on the business team giving a demo.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 8

"RokuJoel" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:
I saw a successful sale of my non-free app for $0.00 in the transaction log, so i gather the issue is not just cosmetic!

That's usually one of us testing your app, or someone on the business team giving a demo.

I haven't seen that happen before - and there is no new version for testing. It may be unrelated and just suspiciously coincidental with the "$0.00 sale" on the web site. Or, it might be the opposite of unrelated...

Can you look up the account who did it? Here is a datum:

Event Date = 3/04/16 22:43
Roku Account = 38896375
Transaction ID = 85C45A88-3B27-46AD-ADBD-A5BF00F2C00A
Amount = 0
0 Kudos