Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: [WTF] Is Roku giving away the store?!

"belltown" wrote:
However, there is still a bug when using the latest version of Internet Explorer, both on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Any price of $0.99 is displayed as %{price}.99 - But all other prices ending in 99c seem to work: $1.99, $2.99, etc.

I would call this a separate bug (albeit possibly related behind the scenes), which in a perfect world should get a separate thread.

My concern in this thread is - why did RokuCo start selling $0.99 apps for $0.00? I saw a successful sale of my non-free app for $0.00 in the transaction log, so i gather the issue is not just cosmetic!

Other developers with $ apps - are you seeing such $0 shenanigans in your sale logs for March? (I am guessing this started when the monthly bug-o-web was cast).
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

"EnTerr" wrote:
I saw a successful sale of my non-free app for $0.00 in the transaction log, so i gather the issue is not just cosmetic!

That's usually one of us testing your app, or someone on the business team giving a demo.

- Joel
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
"EnTerr" wrote:
I saw a successful sale of my non-free app for $0.00 in the transaction log, so i gather the issue is not just cosmetic!

That's usually one of us testing your app, or someone on the business team giving a demo.

I haven't seen that happen before - and there is no new version for testing. It may be unrelated and just suspiciously coincidental with the "$0.00 sale" on the web site. Or, it might be the opposite of unrelated...

Can you look up the account who did it? Here is a datum:

Event Date = 3/04/16 22:43
Roku Account = 38896375
Transaction ID = 85C45A88-3B27-46AD-ADBD-A5BF00F2C00A
Amount = 0
0 Kudos