Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrarrgee
Visitor

Vuze as a channel on Roku

Could someone pls let me know if Vuze could be added as a channel on Roku? I am downloading stuff thru Vuze. I would like to see the downloaded folder thru Vuze. Thats the intent
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
bollywood
Visitor

Re: Vuze as a channel on Roku

Here is more info on what is vuze, so that someone more informed can provide a correct answer.

[edit] What is Vuze?

Vuze is a software application enabling you to find, download, play and share all kinds of content. It is a full-featured bittorrent application, plus a network of high-quality undiscovered torrents and a media player. The Vuze application is built on the original code of the Azureus Bittorrent client.
[edit] How can the Vuze client allow me to upload and download large files so quickly?

The Vuze client uses a special peer-to-peer based content distribution system that breaks up large files into small pieces and distributes them in parallel across the network, allowing these pieces to be downloaded from many computers simultaneously. Each person who downloads the file gets some pieces of the content from the original server, and other pieces from anyone else who is also downloading that file, thereby increasing download speeds significantly.
[edit] Is there a cost associated with using the Vuze Platform?

The Vuze application is FREE to download and use. Be sure you get it from here
[edit] Is this open source software?

Vuze is based on the Azureus bittorrent application, which is open source software.
[edit] What operating systems does Vuze support?

Vuze supports both PC and Mac OSX users, however, some content is only available for users that meet the Minimum System Requirements in our Terms of Sale.
Hawk Cam
Live footage from the nest on top of Bobst Library at N.Y.U.
copy and paste the link in your browser or use keyword: hawkcam

https://owner.roku.com/add/hawkcam
0 Kudos
stratcat96
Visitor

Re: Vuze as a channel on Roku

Since Vuze is essentially a "Pirate Bay" for copyright infringement just like any other bittorrent, it's very unlikely that Roku will ever let it on Roku in an official capacity. That being said, if what you want to do is to be able to view your downloads on the Roku, there are a number of file-streaming channels that can accomplish that for you on the Roku.
0 Kudos