Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudo97
Visitor

Video in Sliding Panels

Hello, There's a problem with Video Node, when using Sliding Panels, some of examples in sdkdocs.roku.com use this strategy: Vide node is Child Node of the Scene, but not of some of the Panels and so on. But I need Video inside of Panel, not fullscreen, so I added it as child node of Panel. But when I switch it to fullscreen I can't hide arrow on the left side of screen. What strategy do you know? How can I contorl these arrows or simply hide it?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

Re: Video in Sliding Panels

At what point do you create the Video component in your application?
If you are creating it on load directly in the scene you aren't going to be able to do what you want.

You should dynamically create the video player as a child to the element you want it to appear in.
When you no longer need it in the parent, destroy it.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
sudo97
Visitor

"Tyler Smith" wrote:
At what point do you create the Video component in your application?
If you are creating it on load directly in the scene you aren't going to be able to do what you want.

You should dynamically create the video player as a child to the element you want it to appear in.
When you no longer need it in the parent, destroy it.

sorry, but when I create it dynamically in my Panel, outcome is the same, I see Video in fullscreen and the arrow on It
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

This is the <Video /> scene graph component even width a height and width set?
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Engineering says:

If you want to experiment with putting the Video node on a panel and you want the PanelSet arrows to not be visible when the Video node is fullscreen, you could reparent the Video node from the Panel to the Scene before animating the Video node’s size and position, then set the PanelSet’s visible field to false. You should investigate the “reparent” function on RoSGNode. That function takes two parameters, the new parent node and a boolean value “adjustTransform”. If “adjustTransform” is true, the Video node’s translation/scale/rotation fields will be adjusted so that the Video node remains the same onscreen size and position after reparenting the Video to the new parent node.

Hope that helps,

- Joel
0 Kudos
piyushg098
Channel Surfer

Please help out with a similar kind of issue I am facing here:
0 Kudos