Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makomiko
Visitor

Re: Video Games on the Roku

I could see a simon game the remote is perfectly layed out for it.
0 Kudos
BrianD
Visitor

Or a Dragon's Lari game. Remember those on laserdisc? The Roku remote is perfect for it as well. Four directions and then select button could be the action button 🙂

For that suggestion, I get 15% of any revenue. Right off the top 😛
Brian DeWitt
e. brian@thehighwaygirl
w. http://thehighwaygirl.com
t. http://twitter.com/briandewitt
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Yea, I know this is an old topic... but I got some games on roku published. 🙂
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

My very first test app for the Roku was Tic Tac Toe fully implemented in the console, then I added visuals with an imageCanvas to test out what it could do. KidPaint is a sort of game (depending on your point of view). At least that's how we viewed it during development.

We also have some definite ideas for games in the (near) future. To revisit the second post in this thread, it's been my intention from day one to get some sort of rogue-like game on the Roku. Nethack in HD on the big screen... sublime. And I have no doubt people would pay for it. We rogue-like enthusiasts thirst for ascii action in all facets of life. The very first app I bought for my iphone was a rogue-like.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
japzone
Visitor

Didn't somebody Release Games already? I have Minesweeper and Sudoku on my Roku which I downloaded from the Channel Store.
*Disclaimer*
I don't claim to be Undeniably Right. Most of my answers are based off of Pure fact, but Some are the Personal Opinions of Myself. Please take them in stride and don't Flame me if I get Something wrong.
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

my vote for Rogue.
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos

Years ago, when I actually went out to sports bars, they had a trivia game that everyone in the bar could participate in with a simple remote. Not only were you competing against other patrons at the bar, but you were also competing against others at bars around the country. A live trivia game that you competed against other Roku owners would be pretty cool. Bragging rights here on the forum would be awesome.
Roku Streaming Stick - 3500R
Roku 2 XD - 3050R (wireless)
Roku HD - N1000 (wireless)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I loved that game as well and thought about trying to create a channel, but it was one of those things that I didn't want to risk some kind of licensing or copyright issues coming back to bite me. Not to mention, I wasn't sure where I'd get the questions. It does seem like the Roku would be absolutely perfect for that game.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
brandon15811
Visitor

If it is a web-based trivia game, I could help with the server-side code
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

"japzone" wrote:
Didn't somebody Release Games already? I have Minesweeper and Sudoku on my Roku which I downloaded from the Channel Store.

That was me... 🙂
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos