Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perrycbrown
Channel Surfer

Updating our existing Roku app

When first generating our Roku app .pkg file, I used the Eclipse export plugin, which generated a nice id and password. Of course, I did not write that id and password down, thinking it would be stored safely...somewhere.

Now when I'm updating our Roku app .pdk file, Eclipse regenerated the id and password.

And so now Roku won't accept the updated .pkg file because the dev id is different.

I've read about rekeying your Roku device by downloading the existing (current) .pkg (or .zip?) file and loading it into the Roku utilities via my browser. But, you have to have the password of that original .pkg to rekey your device. And I don't have that.

So I'm scratching my head about what to do next. Any suggestions? I'm stumped...
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Updating our existing Roku app

Unfortunately, without the password, you are basically starting over. Always save the password and the last .pkg file you made. Maybe it's in the Eclipse logs somewhere?
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
perrycbrown
Channel Surfer

Re: Updating our existing Roku app

"squirreltown" wrote:
Unfortunately, without the password, you are basically starting over. Always save the password and the last .pkg file you made. Maybe it's in the Eclipse logs somewhere?

Thankfully, Roku support did allow me to update my existing Roku app .pkg signed with a different DevID. They just ask that I note the change in the version release notes.
And yes, I have the new DevID and password recorded elsewhere now!
Thanks!
0 Kudos