Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamoonk
Visitor

Unable to stream live content

Hi I am trying to play a video stream from a website. But I am not able to it returns an error as follows:

------ Running ------
showSpringboardScreen
Button pressed: 1 0
Displaying video:
srt =
play failed: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
Closing video screen
Screen closed
------ Running ------

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

The site I am trying to play is mms://ams01.egihosting.com/ExpressNews

What streams am I able to play with Roku HD. I have read in this forum that WMA streams are not playable.
Can someone please list the type of streams we are capable of playing.

TIA.

Mamoon
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to stream live content

I responded to you in the other forum, but I'll do so again here for completeness... Section 3.1 of the RokuDvp-DevloperGuide.pdf that comes with the SDK details the currently supported video formats.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
mamoonk
Visitor

Thought I had posted in developer's forum but I guess I hadn't, so posting it here as well.

Thanks for your response once again.

I read through the supported video format's and wmv is supported but I am still not able to run the following

mms://ams01.egihosting.com/ExpressNews

Can someone run it and let me know if they can. And if they were successful, how they were successful in doing that.

TIA

Mamoon
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

That appears to be an mms stream. Roku currently supports only HTTP as a transport mechanism.

--Mark
0 Kudos