Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guidamedia2
Visitor

Unable to get deployment current values from Roku Box at IP

I am getting java.net socket errors when I try to export my application to my Roku box. I have a static IP on the box, and it was working fine until I reset the box. I had to reset the box because another developer had it registered to his account. Under the direction of a Roku support person, I used a paper clip and reset it using the button. I set up the box again with no issues, but I am getting a bunch of errors. The primary reason given is "java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect at..." Then it lists all the different methods that are failing.

I have reset the box using factory reset; set it back up again; re-installed Eclipse Helios with the SDK twice; and just got a new update of Java.

The networks guys here see no issues with the IP address. I can ping it, they can ping it. No issues.

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks,
Rob
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MSGreg
Visitor

Re: Unable to get deployment current values from Roku Box at

Did you turn on development mode on the Roku after the reset?
0 Kudos
guidamedia2
Visitor

No... Sort of new at this. Where do you do that? I have no clue where that is on the box. I will check web, but if you can save me time, that would be great.

Thanks!
Rob
0 Kudos
guidamedia2
Visitor

Found it on another post, and the issue is resolved.

When you enter the special remote control sequence:
Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
0 Kudos
MSGreg
Visitor

Glad you got it working. Setting Development mode is also in the developer's guide.
0 Kudos