Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelperez
Visitor

Re: Transfer Roku Channel

0 Kudos
michelperez
Visitor

Hi @renojim, 

Thank you for your previous answers. I'd just like to confirm one more thing I can't by looking at other questions / answers out there. Fortunately in this case I have access to the Roku account so I don't have to request the transfer like I thought. However I do need to re-key since I will be deploying now from my own Roku device. My question is: can I be sure after I re-key that user data in the registry will remain accessible in their devices?, isn't that data tied to the original key? Is there any chance that data can be lost or become unaccessible after re-keying. This is critical for us, keeping that data.

Thank you!!!
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You need the original password generated when genkey was run. Since you have access to the Roku account, you can download the last package file. Using that and the original password, you can rekey your development box so that new packages will be keyed to the existing password/key. If you don't have the original password, there's no way to rekey your development box to the old key and there's no way to preserve the registry associated with the channel when you upload/publish a new package.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos