Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katycorp
Visitor

Tracking downloads/channel installs, app starts

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if, once you submit your channel to the public market, you are able to track the total number of channel installs. If not, I was thinking of appending a device ID to the user agent in HTTP requests to my API and then checking the number of uniques. Is there a way to programmatically access a unique device id?

Also, if anyone has any advice on interfacing with the Google Analytics API that would be awesome. I'm looking at info on building a pageview request from the roku but I'm having trouble finding just plain definitions for the params that need to be passed in.

Thanks Rokuland!

-Kaitlin
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Tracking downloads/channel installs, app starts

The install count can be tracked from the channel page on the website. If you want more statistics than that, you'll probably need to track them yourself. You can get the unique device ID via the roDeviceInfo component.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
cbckenny
Visitor

Nice, I didn't realize I could see how many installs we have.
Is there a way to see ratings as well? When I go to my channel on my Roku, I only see my rating - which is of course 5 stars 😉
0 Kudos
hoffmcs
Visitor

If you delete the channel, you will see the rating. That is the only way I am aware of after you rate the channel.
0 Kudos