Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockstar1
Visitor

Tool to capture crashes in Roku

Is there any tool to analyze crashes in Roku, like Crashlytics or test fairy?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Tool to capture crashes in Roku

No.
The Co. "has the technology" - they collect the data of field crashes but they just sit on it, as far as outside-dev channels are concerned.
0 Kudos
rockstar1
Visitor

I just noticed GetLastRunRuntimeError() and GetLastRunCompileError(), but unfortunately GetLastRunRuntimeError() gives only error code, is there any pre defined list of such error codes to easily identify the type of error. Also, once the error occur, now whenever I run my code, it always show me the same error, is there a way to clear this record once the data has been captured from this function.

Regarding GetLastRunCompileError(), this function never returns anything. I am looking to send crash logs to my server whenever roku app crashes. Is there any different approach I should follow?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"rockstar1" wrote:
I just noticed GetLastRunRuntimeError() and GetLastRunCompileError(), but unfortunately GetLastRunRuntimeError() gives only error code, is there any pre defined list of such error codes to easily identify the type of error.
Unfortunately the codes are undocumented in TFM.
But try extracting them with a call from this dusty corner https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Component+Architecture#ComponentArchitecture-bslBrightScript...

Reminds me much "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy": viewtopic.php?f=34&t=71686#p448091

Also, once the error occur, now whenever I run my code, it always show me the same error, is there a way to clear this record once the data has been captured from this function.

Regarding GetLastRunCompileError(), this function never returns anything.
RokuCo dis-courages, dis-supports and dis-recommends using these, see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=95690#p535128

I am looking to send crash logs to my server whenever roku app crashes. Is there any different approach I should follow?
... but no, there is no other way 8-)
0 Kudos