Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brightscriptDev
Level 7

To publish live channels, In- channel Purchase is mandatory for certification pass

For channels to be published as Public channels in roku channel store, we have to pass the certification criteria, There are 6 checklist points given in sdk.

For channels that has SVOD/TVOD, is it mandatory to implement In-channel purchase using roku pay billing?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To publish live channels, In- channel Purchase is mandatory for certification pass

I believe it is.  Roku has to get its pound of flesh.  You can try http://partnersuccess.roku.com/ to get a more definitive answer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuPam
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: To publish live channels, In- channel Purchase is mandatory for certification pass

Hi @brightscriptDev,

If you would like to offer in-channel subscriptions, you are required to implement Roku Pay. 

I'd recommend taking a look at our certification requirements and Roku Pay overview docs to get an idea of what is required from developers to build and publish a compliant channel. 

Thanks!