Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gboulet

TimeGridView - Where do I put the URL?

Hi,

I am new to Roku development and experimenting with TimeGridView to create a personal channel with local TV stations. 

I was able to modify the APi files to reflect the channels I want to appear on the EPG grid, i Can navigate through the channels and time slots but can't figure out where to put the URL for the live stream of each channel so that when I select a program it streams the actual channel the program is on.

I would assume it goes in one of the JSON files but where? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TwitchBronBron
Streaming Star

Re: TimeGridView - Where do I put the URL?

TimeGrid doesn't play content for you. You'll need to observe the channelSelected or programSelected fields on the time grid to get the index of the selected item, and then look up the URL from the data. You can store the URL on the content nodes or in a separate array, just use the indexes from the observed fields above to look up the data. 

0 Kudos
CARTOONBLAST
Binge Watcher

Re: TimeGridView - Where do I put the URL?

i also would like to know too, i've downloaded the sample channel then uploaded it. but where do i put the video stream url?. {ie what folder} please help.

0 Kudos