Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chillerthriller
Streaming Star

Testing Channel Before It's Published

Hello,

I need a test account for my channel before I submit for publishing.  My channel is a monthly subscription.
I need a test account to add it on my Roku device.  Is there a way of doing this?  Sorry, I didn't know where to
ask this question so I started a new topic. thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Testing Channel Before It's Published

Sure, in the developer portal, under My channels,  click Test Users and add an email address and select the channel they will have for free.  If that isn't good enough, make a private channel and set it to free instead of a subscription.
0 Kudos
chillerthriller
Streaming Star

thanks @destrukAppreciate it.
0 Kudos
chillerthriller
Streaming Star

Quick question, will I lose my testing channel once I convert the channel to a premium paying channel?  I need
to keep my test channel for troubleshooting purposes if viewers call the office.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"When you convert" your channel?
If you have a private channel and a public channel both will remain unless you delete it or Roku removes it. Typically they remove channels which violate the terms of service you agreed to when enabling developer mode.
0 Kudos