Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jswhit3
Reel Rookie

Streaming to Roku Channel from OneStream Live

I am evaluating OneStream Live for broadcasting pre-recorded programs to a Roku channel. They say they support Roku, but when I ask how, they say I need to setup a custom RTMP connection within their service. Is it possible to stream to Roku using RTMP? I have seen some posts that state that Roku does not support RTMP. I just wanted to verify this before going back to OneStream support.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming to Roku Channel from OneStream Live

@jswhit3-

You've posted to a forum for Roku users, where few, if any, will be able to help. The Developers forums are a couple of doors down the hall: https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jswhit3
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I had looked at the different developer forums but none of them seemed to fit my topic. I will go back and take a look again. Appreciate you letting me know.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Support
Channel Surfer

Hi @jswhit3 

That's correct. RTMP is not supported on Roku but here are our Streaming Specifications, which can help you start live streaming.

0 Kudos