Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCVatOVG
Visitor

StackExchnge Roku Developer proposal

I am proposing a new site for Stack Exchange that we can all use for our specific Roku Development questions. Stack Exchange has a proposal system that it goes through to see if it has a viable community around a given topic and it has specific stages that need to be met. I am reaching out here to see if we can get enough traction.

What we need from you is to add example questions and answers. Please use the link below to log in and "follow" this proposed site as well as submit example questions and answer any.

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposa ... lasDr-5TA2

This proposal is in: Definition
The topic and audience are still being decided. It needs:
  • 60 more followers

• 40 more questions with a score of 10 or more

to move to the next phase.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: StackExchnge Roku Developer proposal

I think it's unlikely 😉
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"area51" wrote:
closed as duplicate of Stack Overflow by Robert Cartaino ♦ 1 hour ago
This proposal would tend to drain audience from an existing Stack Exchange site.

Ouch! That was a short-lived proposal. And there were only 58(/60) more followers and 40(/40) more good questions needed. I am not even laughing, this got shot rather brutally even by Robot Devil's standards.

My personal opinion is at viewtopic.php?f=34&t=94565#p529926
0 Kudos
BCVatOVG
Visitor

Ya, makes sense.

And even then, probably not - if there are no separate S/X for Java or iOS or Android development, neither does Roku dev merit one.

Thought I would give it a shot...
0 Kudos