Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sonnykr
Level 7

Re: roTextureRequestEvent getBitmap() fails

That's true, I never expected calling GetBitmap() multiple times would cause a crash. May be this should be added to the documentation. Especially since it causes Roku to restart.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"sonnykr" wrote:
That's true, I never expected calling GetBitmap() multiple times would cause a crash. May be this should be added to the documentation. Especially since it causes Roku to restart.

Issue confirmed. Thanks for the bug report.
0 Kudos
sonnykr
Level 7

"RokuKC" wrote:
"sonnykr" wrote:

Issue confirmed. Thanks for the bug report.

Oh cool. Thanks RokuKC!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 9

"TheEndless" wrote:
Interesting.. you're calling GetBitmap() three times in that code, and it doesn't blow up until the last one. I wouldn't expect it to ...

In practice it was getting called only 2x - because of the short-circuiting of the OR - so it was bombing on the 2nd call to getBitmap(). It would be disconcerting if it was err-ing on the 3rd call but now is just a regular bug, phew 8-)

Also, i don't think there is type()="bitmap" ever, is there? I trust when getBitmap() <> invalid, it's always roBitmap.
0 Kudos