Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonnykr
Visitor

Re: roTextureRequestEvent getBitmap() fails

That's true, I never expected calling GetBitmap() multiple times would cause a crash. May be this should be added to the documentation. Especially since it causes Roku to restart.
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"sonnykr" wrote:
That's true, I never expected calling GetBitmap() multiple times would cause a crash. May be this should be added to the documentation. Especially since it causes Roku to restart.

Issue confirmed. Thanks for the bug report.
0 Kudos
sonnykr
Visitor

"RokuKC" wrote:
"sonnykr" wrote:

Issue confirmed. Thanks for the bug report.

Oh cool. Thanks RokuKC!
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"TheEndless" wrote:
Interesting.. you're calling GetBitmap() three times in that code, and it doesn't blow up until the last one. I wouldn't expect it to ...

In practice it was getting called only 2x - because of the short-circuiting of the OR - so it was bombing on the 2nd call to getBitmap(). It would be disconcerting if it was err-ing on the 3rd call but now is just a regular bug, phew 8-)

Also, i don't think there is type()="bitmap" ever, is there? I trust when getBitmap() <> invalid, it's always roBitmap.
0 Kudos