Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnat88
Visitor

Slideshow implementation example

I'm developing a channel for my project seminar course. It's going to simply show tv show images, text summaries, and ratings(I may decide to add video clips later). For the home screen I want to implement a slideshow similar to what hulu has on the homepage of their channel. I'm completely new to this and have looked through most of the sdk documentation, but I'm not sure where to get started on this. Any suggestions or example code would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
greno
Visitor

Re: Slideshow implementation example

What helped me the most when I got started was to load up each of the sample projects in the examples folder to my roku, see what they did, then look at the code to see how it was done. In particular, take a look at the usbplayer, deviantart and flikr examples. usbplayer has some code for slideshows.

-Gregg
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: Slideshow implementation example

For a custom look, you would probably want to use the roImageCanvas component. Take a look in the Component Reference for some examples. Post any further questions back here and someone will try to help you.

-Joel

-
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos