Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fischb0ne
Visitor

Setting up Private Channel

Hello,

I need some advice on how to go about setting up a private channel. What I am trying to do it stream movie trailers in cinemas across the country. Is there a way that I could set up and own the Roku boxes that I would distribute to the theaters before I send them? For example, could I set up the individual theaters account, pay for the channel, and then send them the box with all their information? I want the theaters to have to do as little as possible when setting this up. Is this achievable when using Roku?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 😄

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Setting up Private Channel

Take a look at BrightSign, our sister company, they have products specifically designed for that sort of thing.

Roku devices are not intended for commercial use in that way and I believe this is stated in the developer agreement.

- Joel
0 Kudos
fischb0ne
Visitor

OK, I understand. I just wanted our customers to have an easier time setting up their accounts. Thanks!
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

"fischb0ne" wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way that I could set up and own the Roku boxes that I would distribute to the theaters before I send them?

The main problem I see is that there's no way to lock down the settings. Anyone with access to a remote can change settings, add channels
or delete your channel.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos