Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Set focus to a specific button

Is it possible to set the focus to a specific button on roSpringboardScreen?!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuBradO
Visitor

Re: Set focus to a specific button

Sorry, no. At this time, it is not possible to specify button focus in the roSpringboardScreen.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

If you're just wanting the selected button to stay selected after a screen refresh or content change (I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't want the first button to have focus initially), you can set UseStableFocus() to true.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Thanks, I will try this.
I want to use this for "Next" and "Previous" buttons, when user clicks on "Next" then on next video I want to still keep focus on "Next" button instead of "Play". But I think that "Play" after "Next" make sense as well.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"ionatan" wrote:
Thanks, I will try this.
I want to use this for "Next" and "Previous" buttons, when user clicks on "Next" then on next video I want to still keep focus on "Next" button instead of "Play". But I think that "Play" after "Next" make sense as well.

UseStableFocus will do that. You might also consider using the AllowNavLeft and AllowNavRight instead of explicit "Next" and "Previous" buttons. In most channels, navigating through content on the springboard is typically done with the left and right buttons on the remote.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos