Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmulvey
Visitor

Search all available channels for an item

I just started using Roku (just streamed directly for PC prior to this). It is a great, amazing, device. I am a software engineer and the first thing that comes to mind for me is: Where is the service that searches all available content for a given title, network, actor, etc... ? The most common search would be "title". To be clear about this particular type of search: Given a title, show me all the services that provide that title and of course show the cost for that title. If one could search for title, it would follow they could also search based on other criteria. Is somebody already working on this? How about Roku themselves? I can see there would likely need to be some infrastructure in the Roku SDK for such a thing, but it would seem to me this would be a very valuable service to customers.
1 REPLY 1
rmulvey
Visitor

Re: Search all available channels for an item

Hmm, now after looking a bit I see this:
http://www.fanhattan.com/

It is exactly the type of this I was looking for, too bad it's only an Apple app right now :(. It looks like it in it's coming, just not quite there yet... I see at least one other person/group working on it too. This is certainly going to fill a big gap. Good luck to those in the race to develop this :). I look forward to using it when it's available!
0 Kudos