Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nealrs
Reel Rookie

Screensaver refreshes & restarts repeatedly

Hey folks! I'm running into the same problem on two screensavers that I've published: MTA Subway Status & Home Gym Workout

Upon launch, the app loads some globals, creates a scene, and triggers a GA launch event. Then it enters a 5 minute loop `wait(60000*5)` that regularly refreshes screen content and triggers a GA "heartbeat" event. All of this functionally works fine and I've got quite a few users for the MTA screensaver

However, both screensavers relaunch randomly, every few minutes, before the loop is supposed to end (black screen blips, and the whole thing reloads, triggering a new launch event in GA). This leads to extra launch events / bad CX, since the screen blips every few minutes. 

Has anyone else run into / solved this problem? I'm running a fixed time loop, but the screensaver just redraws the scene on it's own every few minutes.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos