Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
24i-sander_l
Visitor

SceneGraph Horizontal Scrollable List

Hi all,

I'm new to Roku development and I immediately dived into the SceneGraph way of building apps.

I'm trying to establish the following:

but I'm running into some issues.

The marked area is supposed to be a horizontal scrollable list with items of different sizes. Is this possible using SceneGraph?

Thanks in advance,

Sander - 24i
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

Re: SceneGraph Horizontal Scrollable List

You could use a LayoutGroup and append your buttons in that manner and manually track your items focus. That is what I do for these types of things.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
24i-sander_l
Visitor

"Tyler Smith" wrote:
You could use a LayoutGroup and append your buttons in that manner and manually track your items focus. That is what I do for these types of things.

Actually that's what I started working on as well, I'm just wondering if something "simple" as this could/should be supported by the Roku framework..
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

As of right now I don't think there is a simpler way.
The available List components currently only support a consistent height/width of items.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos

"24i-sander_l" wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to Roku development and I immediately dived into the SceneGraph way of building apps.

I'm trying to establish the following:

but I'm running into some issues.

The marked area is supposed to be a horizontal scrollable list with items of different sizes. Is this possible using SceneGraph?

Thanks in advance,

Sander - 24i

You can try to use the markupgrid component. https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/MarkupGrid
0 Kudos