Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
24i-sander_l
Level 7

SceneGraph Horizontal Scrollable List

Hi all,

I'm new to Roku development and I immediately dived into the SceneGraph way of building apps.

I'm trying to establish the following:

but I'm running into some issues.

The marked area is supposed to be a horizontal scrollable list with items of different sizes. Is this possible using SceneGraph?

Thanks in advance,

Sander - 24i
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tyler_Smith
Level 7

Re: SceneGraph Horizontal Scrollable List

You could use a LayoutGroup and append your buttons in that manner and manually track your items focus. That is what I do for these types of things.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
24i-sander_l
Level 7

"Tyler Smith" wrote:
You could use a LayoutGroup and append your buttons in that manner and manually track your items focus. That is what I do for these types of things.

Actually that's what I started working on as well, I'm just wondering if something "simple" as this could/should be supported by the Roku framework..
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Level 7

As of right now I don't think there is a simpler way.
The available List components currently only support a consistent height/width of items.
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos

"24i-sander_l" wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to Roku development and I immediately dived into the SceneGraph way of building apps.

I'm trying to establish the following:

but I'm running into some issues.

The marked area is supposed to be a horizontal scrollable list with items of different sizes. Is this possible using SceneGraph?

Thanks in advance,

Sander - 24i

You can try to use the markupgrid component. https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/MarkupGrid
0 Kudos