Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_B
Visitor

Sample Zip files Install with error

I'm using a 3500x-Roku Stick with version 6.2 build 3364
When I upload any of the zipped files in the example folder of the SDK, the file uploads and functions but I get error messages.
For instance clock.zip produced
"Application Received: 124871 bytes stored.

Install Failure: Unzip failed. Invalid or corrupt zip archive. Unloading.Install Failure: No manifest. Invalid package.Install Success.Install Success.Uninstall Success.Install Success.Uninstall Suc"

...even though the analog clock app functions on my Roku device. I would like to resolve this issue so I can have a baseline of a functioning app before I develop my own channels.

It occurs to me that these messages may be cumulative from prior installation attempts. If so, is there a way to purge old messages?

Update on issue:
I activated telnet on my workstation and monitored the installation of clock.zip.
There were no errors. The command line went straight to ------ Running ------
still the same error message appears on the html browser interface. I am using Chrome Version 42.0.2311.152 m
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tim_B
Visitor

Re: Sample Zip files Install with error

Issue resolved:
1. Disabeled Developer Mode
2. Enabled Developer Mode

No more issues.
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Re: Sample Zip files Install with error

That's just a history I think, it has no bearing on anything other than being informative for you, nothing to worry about at least.
0 Kudos