Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: SDK Revenue Split AdUrl ?

"cocotower" wrote:
I have the channel store features working good, but the ads are repeating the same 3-4 Roku jingles for weeks now.
Please, guys.

@cocotower - did you (you = cocotower) email partnerSuccess @roku.com, as i suggested above?
if not - do so first, complain later. your app needs to be approved for ads and enabled server-side first.
if yes and things are not working out, PM me your email, so i can have a look/ask around.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Yes, I did, last Friday and Saturday.  I first e-mailed an address found in the SDK docs, then I got a bot reply saying she was out of office and to e-mail 2nd person which was given in the e-mail, so I e-mailed that address, too.   On Monday I also e-mailed the address you gave.  I haven't gotten replies yet.  Actually, I did get a bot reply from partnersuccess with basically the instructions to read the SDK docs.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"cocotower" wrote:
On Monday I also e-mailed the address you gave.  I haven't gotten replies yet.

I checked and your ticket is there, PS 8770. They'll get to it.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Thanks for the reassurance.

I'm not sure how asking for some common help is considered complaining, but here's my latest update:

The ad team sent me a "test URL" over a week ago and said to use it and they would see if my channel was firing off correctly, but now the test URL is embedded in the last 2 public updates so my viewers are seeing the same Tecate Lite beer commercial every time I have a preroll ad for some of the videos, and no follow-up e-mails or reports have been received since.

The nice but annoyingly repeating Roku ads and the car commercial are gone, but now the nice but annoying Tecate Lite beer commercial is the only one showing.  I'm not sure if this is progress or a set back, but it's a change... but am I set up correctly, and who's benefiting from the ads that HAVE shown for 40 days while I'm still being setup correctly... these are just some thoughts of mine, but I plan to document this whole procedure and what a developer can expect from day 1 until day 41 with the ad system and Roku support staff.

Thanks for hearing me.
0 Kudos