Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: SDK Docs Split into Little Pieces

"TheEndless" wrote:
The tree only shows individual pages. The 7 children/7 grand-children you're referring to are actually just hyperlinks to sections on that same page. The same is true for the Channel Packaging and Publishing "children" which is just the breakdown of topics on that specific page. In contrast, the children under Developer Guide->Video Streaming are separate documents/pages, which is why they are in the tree.

I see that now. I still think they should be indexed on the TOC regardless of whether the children are linked in the same physical html page, or linked to a separate html page. Isn't that the point of having a Table of Contents? There may be some technical reason why their documentation software won't allow that though.
0 Kudos
cnstjoe
Visitor

I went <<< Here >>> and exported docs to pdf. Keep up the great work Roku.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"cnstjoe" wrote:
I went <<< Here >>> and exported docs to pdf. Keep up the great work Roku.

You are welcome!
Keep in mind though, to re-export to PDF weekly - because the docs change often. Rarely on a daily basis but that happens too.
0 Kudos