Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

SDK Bug/"Feature": roGridScreen / Description overlay

Despite having the ability to place the description bubble anywhere on the screen with the roGridScreen, there is a hard set black overlay that is always covering the posters in the bottom right corner. For instance, If I place my description bubble in the top left corner, it's displayed properly there, with all of the information in the right place, but the posters on the bottom right of the screen are still obscured by a black box. I've only tested this with the "flat-movie" poster style, so I don't know if it's unique to that style or not, but it definitely limits the customizability of the screen.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: SDK Bug/"Feature": roGridScreen / Description overlay

It is actually much worse than that, there are all kinds of display glitches that you can encounter when you start moving that thing around, such as posters appearing 1/2 inch higher below the bubble and other whacky things.

You can adjust the size of the description bubble in Photoshop to compensate for some of it and tweak the positioning to cover up the other glitches.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Just to make this a bit clearer: make the width of the OPAQUE part of the description box slightly larger than the width of two posteers. You may need to make the overall width of the box even wider than that. I would suggest making the overall width about 510 pixels.

edit - that is for flat-landscape, so cant say for any other style.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into it.

--Kevin
0 Kudos