Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RowList not scrolling to the next off-screen poster (based on image)

I have a simple app with a text menu (category) on the left and for each of the items in the vertical menu, there is a single row of posters on the right. 

We are not doing anything fancy on the rowlist (basic action on selection or focus of item) but running into a weird problem. The row shows 4 visible posters and there is a 5th poster (could be more) outside visible screen area (using floatingFocus). This is the problem.

When the 4th and 5th poster have the same image, everything works fine (highlight moves to the 5th poster, row slides to the left and the 5th poster is visible). But if the 4th and 5th poster images are different, the highlight moves to the right (only partially visible as 5th image is off screen) but the row doesn't scroll left.

Tried different file sizes, made all images same, camera or source of image same, tried mixing order of images. The 4th and 5th images have to be same. There is nothing in our code that treats anything different based on the poster image and do not do any modifications to the flow (as I said the handles are very simple on selection show a video). 

Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Is this a know problem? Is this a version issue? or .... any guidance. Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: RowList not scrolling to the next off-screen poster (based on image)

that sounds really strange.  Are you able to create an example of this you can share?  Someone here might be able to figure it out or if it's a firmware bug it may help the Roku guys by having a working example.
aspiring
0 Kudos

Re: RowList not scrolling to the next off-screen poster (based on image)

While building a sample to share, I kept stripping away the code and stumbled on to a workaround.  Each item in the row has a component with a title and hdgridposterurl  and I have wrongly assumed the issue is with the image but turns out with the title. I am taking the title from the content node and rendered it in a new rectangle, without relaying on the rowlist to render the title. This fixed my issue.
0 Kudos