Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbakernc
Visitor

Roku in UK

I have a client that needs us to ship them many ROKU Players to the UK.

Does anyone know where to buy these?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku in UK

AFAIK you'd need a transformer for them to work in the UK since there isn't a 220v power adaptor available for Roku from their Roku store.
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Visitor

SO, The HDMI out, supports 50 fps? Does it switch automatically?

Do you have the URL for the store, where they sell the UK power supply?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The adapter is 100-240V, so it should work. Of course you'll need to adapt the U.S. plug to UK. The new Roku 2s always output 60 Hz in 1080p mode. I don't know enough about HDTVs to know if that's a problem or not.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sibuy01
Visitor

I know of 1 company based in the UK who supply Roku/Brightsign units.

http://www.dvsgroup.com/Products/Display/

I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
mixe
Visitor

The power adapter does work on 240v in the UK you just need to buy a US 2 pin to UK plug adaptor, which can be bought on ebay, amazon etc.

The HDMI hi-definition 720/1080 will work on all TVs in any country, it will also work with most wide screen computer monitors, providing you have the right cable.

Standard definition will work on most TVs made in the last 10 years as most of them are multi standard and therefore support NTSC.

The only thing you can't make to work right is the time zone clock settings on the box as there is no suitable time zone out side the states.
It would be nice if this could be sorted out.
0 Kudos