Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gshah
Reel Rookie

Roku device not rebooting when setting password while enabling developer mode

I am trying to enable developer mode on my Roku Streaming Stick Device in India.

When I reach the following screen, enter password and click "Set password and reboot", the device does not reboot and the entered password disappears. Because of this I am unable to enable developer mode.

Screen before clicking "Set password and reboot"

dev_mode.png

Screen after clicking "Set password and reboot"

dev_mode_1.png

Any help here will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
gshah
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku device not rebooting when setting password while enabling developer mode

This happens because Roku Developer mode is not allowed in India. It is a geo-restriction. Solved it using VPN. 

0 Kudos
Getbacker
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku device not rebooting when setting password while enabling developer mode

I'm currently in the US and it keeps resetting to clear every time. I'm using a TCL TV. Is there something I am missing?

0 Kudos
Getbacker
Reel Rookie

My mistake. It just hates special characters.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've never seen the point of the password.  For me anyway, someone would have to be connected to my network to, what, upload an app to my Roku?  I've got much bigger problems if someone is connected to my network.  If I did have other known people connected to my network they'd quickly lose access if they started messing with my devices.  I have mine set to 1234 or something like that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos