Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSGreg
Visitor

Re: Roku and Wowza link encryption

Have you tried?
player.SetCertificatesFile("common:/certs/ca-bundle.crt")
'player.SetCertificatesDepth(3)
player.InitClientCertificates()

The *Certificates* methods work on the ifUrlTransferinterface that several objects implement. Occasionally the undocumented SetCertificatesDepth() will be needed, but it doesn't exist in 3.1. Search the forums for other's experiences.
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

Occasionally the undocumented SetCertificatesDepth() will be needed, but it doesn't exist in 3.1.

That's the second time I've seen that assertion ("not in 3.1") in the past month or two, yet I'm absolutely positive that SetCertificatesDepth() is a valid call in the latest version of 3.1. I'm using SetCertificatesDepth() in several channels that run OK on older FW3.1 players and it has an observable affect in that roVideoScreen SSL content works with it, doesn't work without it.

I too am having SSL problems with certain functions (roGridScreen for example). Seems like there are several different SSL implementations underneath the Roku/Brightscript API. Some (but not all) SSL content that works in one component mysteriously fails in another.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos
MSGreg
Visitor

I was probably the one that asserted it before, too 😄

Here is the error I get in the debugger during execution on a device with firmware 3.1 on an roUrlTransfer object:

Member function not found in BrightScript Component or interface. (runtime error &hf4) in ...7yZT/pkg:/source/urlUtils.brs(162)

162: gotval = httpAgent.SetCertificatesDepth(3)

If it works for you on a roVideoScreen, then perhaps it is not an ifUrlTransfer function?
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

In the current 3.1 release, SetCertificatesDepth is a member of ifHttpAgent but not ifUrlTransfer.

In the current 4.8 release, the duplicate methods (AddHeader, SetHeaders, SetCertificatesFile, etc) have been removed from ifUrlTransfer, and roUrlTransfer supports both ifUrlTransfer and ifHttpAgent. Thus SetCertificatesDepth can be called with roUrlTransfer in 4.8.

EDIT: However, although it is callable, it doesn't actually work with roUrlTransfer. For now you should use it only with ifHttpAgent (that is, not roUrlTransfer).

--Mark
0 Kudos