Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zenoru
Visitor

Roku XD|S memory limit

Hi all, I'm developing a custom channel for a company but I'm having memory issues when allocating roBitmaps. I'm only loading a total of about 60 roBitmaps of size 300x200 that should theoretically take up about 240 kB each in memory, for a total of ~15 MB. On the Roku 2/3 there are no issues, but on Roku classic models (e.g. the Roku XD|S) I can only load about 45 of them before CreateObject("roBitmap", ...) returns invalid.

According to the Roku developer guide, all models have at least 256 MB of RAM, though of course there is other memory overhead from the OS etc. Though I didn't think just 15 MB of roBitmaps would be too much on the classic models. Perhaps the memory management on the Roku classic models is just that inefficient?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the exact memory limits are (specifically classic models such as the Roku XD|S)?
0 Kudos