Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshurtz
Visitor

Roku Videos not playing

Hey Everyone, I need some help. I looked through the forums and didn't find anything that matched my exact issue.

I'm building a private channel and so I built a test channel using the sample "Videoplayer". I got everything to work so far, except when I click on videos to play them, it goes buffer screen for a split second and then just goes back to the video page. I don't receive any error.

I have a Roku 3
Version 5.1

Any thoughts or advice?
92 Roku 3's / 4200R - at 19 locations across 5 states.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Videos not playing

Can you provide the URL of one of the videos you are trying to play and the format that it's in? Playback issues like this can have a variety of causes but it's impossible to diagnose without a sample.
0 Kudos
cshurtz
Visitor

"RokuRobB" wrote:
Can you provide the URL of one of the videos you are trying to play and the format that it's in? Playback issues like this can have a variety of causes but it's impossible to diagnose without a sample.

Thanks for the response. I figured it out. It appeared the video encoding was wrong. We used the "Roku" export setting but when I changed it to MP4 it worked fine.
0 Kudos
maandazi
Visitor

"cshurtz" wrote:
"RokuRobB" wrote:

Thanks for the response. I figured it out. It appeared the video encoding was wrong. We used the "Roku" export setting but when I changed it to MP4 it worked fine.

I think I am having the same issue.. How do you change export setting?
0 Kudos
cshurtz
Visitor

"maandazi" wrote:
"cshurtz" wrote:
"RokuRobB" wrote:

I think I am having the same issue.. How do you change export setting?

When we exported the videos we just choose the MP4 option for exporting.
0 Kudos