Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlso2
Visitor

Roku Plugin on Eclipse (mac) shows no templates

Hi, i've been spending the last few days trying to get the roku plugin to run in eclipse on a mac with 10.10 Yosemite, but to no avail.
No matter what I do, when I start a BrightScript project, the wizard is missing the "Template" selector, there is a "screensaver" project option only.
Does anyone have any experience with this problem?
I'm asking for help.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Plugin on Eclipse (mac) shows no templates

I'll send a note to the developer of the plugin and see if they can help.

- Joel
0 Kudos
carlso2
Visitor

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

There has been a problem with the template dialog for some time. If you want to build a project from the examples then copy the entire example folder into its own location apart from the SDK. then go into eclipse and create a project from existing location. In the browse dialog select the folder that you just copied and it will create a working Project. You do not want to do this at the SDK location because if you decide to delete the project at some point the example will be deleted as well.
And Joel it would be a great help and quite easy I imagine to be able to collapse the outliner without having to collapse each item branch separately. The trees are always open by default and if you have a lot of functions you have to close each one separately. Now I have looked everywhere for something to collapse the outliner and can't find it. Perhaps someone else has and could share or if this is an oversight it can be fixed
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos
carlso2
Visitor

Thanks very much for the suggestion.
0 Kudos