Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kid992
Channel Surfer

Roku Automated Channel Testing

Hi

Is anyone using the channel testing software mentioned in the roku developers blog this month, apart from channel should be launched all my tests seem to fail e.g. test 2 in the basic_tests robot test shows

Full Name:Start / End / Elapsed:Status:Message:

Basic tests.Check if details screen showed
20191229 13:56:55.110 / 20191229 13:57:10.035 / 00:00:14.925
FAIL (critical)
Can't find element

I have a details screen and it loads fine I don't know what these error message mean anyone had the same problem? or know where there is documentation specifically for the error messages produced by the robot tests thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Riab
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Automated Channel Testing

Hi there

Its the same for me also. Basically the identifier using text is not working.

I removed all text verifications from test 3 and it passed.  There are other locators like attribute and tag that can be used to identify elements but I am quiet new to Roku and haven't figured out how to find those yet. 

Any documentation or help on this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuJonathanD
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

So what firmware version are you on? Your device must be running Roku OS 9.1 or greater to use the test automation software. 

Please attach your channel and test script and we'll take a look

Riab
Reel Rookie

Thanks for pointing that out. I was using a lower version and thus the issue . Now the tests run correctly.

Cheers

0 Kudos
kid992
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the replies I realised if I changed the script I could get the details passed thanks for the help

0 Kudos
SamLondon

Hi @here,

I (my python scripts) have been able to find elements using "text" and "tag", both using one or both of these parameters when looking for some element or a parent of an element 

web_driver.verify_is_screen_loaded({"elementData": [{"using": "tag","value": "MenuItemWithImage"}]}) 
web_driver.verify_is_screen_loaded({"elementData": [{"using": "text", "value": "Home"}], "parentData": [{"using": "tag", "value": "MenuItemWithImage"}]})

However I haven't had any success when using "attributes" 

web_driver.verify_is_screen_loaded({"elementData": [{"using": "text", "value": "Home"}, {"using": "attr","attribute": "color", "value": "some value"}]})

Has anybody has any luck with this problem?

Also has anybody managed to identify playback element and maybe read its status (paused, stopped, play etc)

0 Kudos