Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ad Framework

Hi,

Is there any way we can customize the message that gets displayed when we use showAds function provided by default from the Roku Ad framework.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Prajwal
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ad Framework

The documentation would suggest not (emphasis mine)...
Client applications may elect to control the ad rendering within the application, either to provide custom UI while
loading ads
, or because the ads are rendered by a method unsupported by the video ad library (e.g., by server-side video
stitching).

That statement would suggest that you need to opt for custom ad rendering if you want something other than the default messaging.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"TheEndless" wrote:
The documentation would suggest not (emphasis mine)...
Client applications may elect to control the ad rendering within the application, either to provide custom UI while
loading ads
, or because the ads are rendered by a method unsupported by the video ad library (e.g., by server-side video
stitching).

That statement would suggest that you need to opt for custom ad rendering if you want something other than the default messaging.

That's right. It's also important to note that if you take that approach, "The client application... also must trigger the Tracking events when the requisite conditions are met".
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions. I think i will go ahead with the default options.
0 Kudos
Romans_I_XVI
Roku Guru

I sort of wish this was more convenient myself. However, I also understand their goal to create a uniform experience across the platform.

It's just the message isn't really relevant to my game, maybe if more games start to use ads they will include a game relevant message.
0 Kudos