Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku API hooks to "Enable selecting all resolutions"?

@renojim wrote:
It was nice to have the "Enable all resolutions" option for developing. While not a substitute for a true SDTV to ensure there's no problems, it was great to be able to pump 4:3 to my HDTV to get an idea of sizes and positioning on image canvas and roScreen. Can't understand why they got rid of the option. If they don't want to enable the option for everyone, just enable it for boxes that have enabled developer mode.

-JT

I do not understand why they removed the option either. Normally, if anyone with a Roku model has a TV model with 4:3 aspect ratio, they would make a combination of certain buttons on the remote to get to Platform Secret Screen, go to “Enable selecting all resolutions”, then set the “Display type” setting to “4:3 standard”. 

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos