Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
q2andrap
Visitor

[Roku 4]Black screen momentarily appears on the Player when clicking the Up/Down button of the remote.

Hey All,

I'm facing a weird bug on Roku 4 as in the attached video. Could you please take a look and give me some suggestion to address it.
This issue only happened on Roku 4.

Thanks,

Quan

[Attached Video]
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
norcaljohnny
Roku Guru

Re: [Roku 4]Black screen momentarily appears on the Player when clicking the Up/Down button of the remote.

Thats an AppleTV 4 not Roku my friend 😉
0 Kudos
q2andrap
Visitor

Re: [Roku 4]Black screen momentarily appears on the Player when clicking the Up/Down button of the remote.

"norcaljohnny" wrote:
Thats an AppleTV 4 not Roku my friend 😉

Sorry, my bad. I just updated the correct url. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cEMO_mnZ__37a1W8A9L9GUND2feDniwH/view
Please take a look and give me your advice 🙂
0 Kudos
norcaljohnny
Roku Guru

There we go, thats a Roku.
Without seeing some kind of code it would be a wild guess as to what it could be. 
0 Kudos
q2andrap
Visitor

"norcaljohnny" wrote:
There we go, thats a Roku.
Without seeing some kind of code it would be a wild guess as to what it could be. 

Hey, I'm not able to share the code here but as you can see in the video, I have many components in a holder view which need to scroll (translation) up/down to see others and the small size video player is one of them. Everything worked fine excepting the Black screen momentarily appears on the player when clicking remote up/down. It seems the video surface was scrolling/translating slower then its parent view. This just happened on Roku 4.
Is there anyone from Roku support team can help me on this?  😞
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Maybe something to do with that other thread about screen.Clear() and screen.swapBuffers() and how it's handled on different models?
0 Kudos
q2andrap
Visitor

"Komag" wrote:
Maybe something to do with that other thread about screen.Clear() and screen.swapBuffers() and how it's handled on different models?

Hey, I don't know. Do you know how to control this on scene graph application?
0 Kudos