Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
q2andrap
Level 7

[Roku 4]Black screen momentarily appears on the Player when clicking the Up/Down button of the remote.

Hey All,

I'm facing a weird bug on Roku 4 as in the attached video. Could you please take a look and give me some suggestion to address it.
This issue only happened on Roku 4.

Thanks,

Quan

[Attached Video]
0 Kudos
6 Replies
norcaljohnny
Level 7

Re: [Roku 4]Black screen momentarily appears on the Player when clicking the Up/Down button of the remote.

Thats an AppleTV 4 not Roku my friend Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
q2andrap
Level 7

Re: [Roku 4]Black screen momentarily appears on the Player when clicking the Up/Down button of the remote.

"norcaljohnny" wrote:
Thats an AppleTV 4 not Roku my friend Smiley Wink

Sorry, my bad. I just updated the correct url. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cEMO_mnZ__37a1W8A9L9GUND2feDniwH/view
Please take a look and give me your advice Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
norcaljohnny
Level 7

There we go, thats a Roku.
Without seeing some kind of code it would be a wild guess as to what it could be. 
0 Kudos
q2andrap
Level 7

"norcaljohnny" wrote:
There we go, thats a Roku.
Without seeing some kind of code it would be a wild guess as to what it could be. 

Hey, I'm not able to share the code here but as you can see in the video, I have many components in a holder view which need to scroll (translation) up/down to see others and the small size video player is one of them. Everything worked fine excepting the Black screen momentarily appears on the player when clicking remote up/down. It seems the video surface was scrolling/translating slower then its parent view. This just happened on Roku 4.
Is there anyone from Roku support team can help me on this?  Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Komag
Level 9

Maybe something to do with that other thread about screen.Clear() and screen.swapBuffers() and how it's handled on different models?
0 Kudos
q2andrap
Level 7

"Komag" wrote:
Maybe something to do with that other thread about screen.Clear() and screen.swapBuffers() and how it's handled on different models?

Hey, I don't know. Do you know how to control this on scene graph application?
0 Kudos