Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solisive
Visitor

RoUrlTransfer Question

Brightscript throws the following error message when the code below executes. This is code taken from samples for Async url calls)
"Member function not found in Brightscript component or interface"

request = CreateObject("roUrlTransfer")
port = CreateObject("roMessagePort")
request.SetMessagePort(port)
request.SetUrl(url)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: RoUrlTransfer Question

You need to use SetPort instead of SetMessagePort. I know that the Streaming Player Component Reference defines a SetMessagePort member of roUrlTransfer, but I think that is a mistake in the documentation.
0 Kudos
Solisive
Visitor

"belltown" wrote:
You need to use SetPort instead of SetMessagePort. I know that the Streaming Player Component Reference defines a SetMessagePort member of roUrlTransfer, but I think that is a mistake in the documentation.

Super - That did it.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"belltown" wrote:

I believe they added SetMessagePort to all interfaces that used SetPort in the past, for consistency, but those changes didn't make it into the 3.x firmware.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos