Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAPROVIDEO
Channel Surfer

Revision to the Show Detail Screen / Springboard

Making great progress here using the sample code from the video player example provided. The more I work I can see that to really become an expert you need to become a very good BrightScript programmer. That being said, time is not on my side so I'm trying to learn just the basics to get my first projects off the ground.

Can anyone point me to the file / files where I can make some adjustments to the Show Detail screen?

1. The example code displays a "star rating / show quality" with stars. I want to remove / hide this.

2. The synopsis text - is limited in characters displayed. How can this be edited to show more text?

Having a hard time finding the correct BrightScript files to makle these edits.

3. Another important question - When submitting a public channel to ROKU, can these sample video player files be used?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Revision to the Show Detail Screen / Springboard

pretty sure the answers are:

1) http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=47605
2) it can't.
3) yes.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
AAPROVIDEO
Channel Surfer

Thanks!

Not sure where to place the code. Thanks in advance for the help!
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

I don't deal with those stars often enough to tell you off the top of my head, but I just did a search for "stars" that returned 45 posts asking similar questions, so the answer is probably in there somewhere or you can wait and one of the folks who know this stuff intuitively might answer.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
AAPROVIDEO
Channel Surfer

Thanks squirreltown,

Added the following to line 12 of appDetailScreen.brs :

screen.SetStaticRatingEnabled(false)
0 Kudos