Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guardian-Droid
Channel Surfer

Request for Advanced Help - Looking into my Inquiry about Invalid Syntax for Roku ECP per RFC 2141

I originally had this inquiry posted in the "Roku Developer Program" which was probably the wrong section. I've been trying to get someone from the Roku Engineering/Development team to even acknowledge/listen to my inquiry over the past 9 months. I've tried contacting/explaining our situation through the Roku Remote App Android Feedback, Roku Community Forum, Roku Customer Support Case #1681546, and Roku Advocacy - but have been unable to get anywhere or any legitimate responses that the recipients actually understood what I was asking about. After contacting product support concerning my inquiry about the syntax and that I wouldn't let up - best I could get was they suggested I e-mail [email=customer.advocate@roku.com:1cv2xpwd]customer.advocate@roku.com[/email:1cv2xpwd] - which I did twice but no response over the past 9 months. Please check out my lengthy inquiry/story at the following link Roku ECP - Invalid Service Syntax for uPnP?

I really just want someone from the Engineering/Development team to acknowledge my inquiry and whether it does make sense from Roku's point of view that they're using an invalid syntax for the their ECP service per RFC 2141, if they're even aware of it, and if there's anything they'd be willing to do. I inquire about this as they seem to show some detail in the importance of following the "UPnP Device Architecture" specification in their SDK Documentation. Airtame was in a similar situation with their syntax, and they were able to update/add another discovery service to help individuals in similar situations - so hoped maybe Roku could do something similar for their end-users.

Thank you for your time and have a good evening!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Request for Advanced Help - Looking into my Inquiry about Invalid Syntax for Roku ECP per RFC 2141

You don’t like this, but the Developer Forun is the place for this.

You really won’t like this: quit rambling and just state the facts of the issue. Be clear and concise. More words != better question.

And be clear and concise in the Developer Forum. Where this belongs.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Guardian-Droid
Channel Surfer

Re: Request for Advanced Help - Looking into my Inquiry about Invalid Syntax for Roku ECP per RFC 2141

Thanks DBDukes,

I do appreciate your reply and thanks for confirming it does belong in the Developer Forum (it's been open since July and no one else even replied to tell me - what exactly you're asking/rambling about). I had jumped too much into "justification/problem/history" etc. I'll make another attempt again in the Developer Forum with your tips (keeping simple and concise).

Thank you!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

"Guardian-Droid" wrote:
Thanks DBDukes,

I do appreciate your reply and thanks for confirming it does belong in the Developer Forum (it's been open since July and no one else even replied to tell me - what exactly you're asking/rambling about). I had jumped too much into "justification/problem/history" etc. I'll make another attempt again in the Developer Forum with your tips (keeping simple and concise).

Thank you!

One thing, though. Focus on the actual issue, not any acknowledgement of an issue. The problem is what you encountered that began this, not any bumps along the way.

Good luck.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos