Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris2
Channel Surfer

Removing Runtime for live streams

Hello,

I'm using the videoplayer SDK modified by belltown viewtopic.php?p=352494

My question is I'd like to remove the runtime "0m" from the springboard of only our live streams but leaving the runtime tag available for VOD and AOD content. I'd like to be able to just edit our XML files by just inserting a "<runtime>null</runtime>" whenever we'd like the runtime duration tag to not display on the springboard.

What code would I need to add in our "appDetailScreen.brs" and/or our "showFeed.brs" to make this happen? I would image this should be a simple.

Thanks!

Chris
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Removing Runtime for live streams

Have you tried not including the runtime element on those entries?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
chris2
Channel Surfer

Yes, I've tried removing the runtime tag completely from the XML file and a duration of "0s" still displays.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Then I'm afraid you're going to have to get your hands dirty with the code. Locate the line in the code that sets the "Length" metadata attribute, and only set it if a value is present in the XML feed.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

You probably have it defaulting the value in init_item when you parse the feed.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.