Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AENC
Reel Rookie

Remove a channel via ECP

I'd like to automate the removal of a channel from my Roku(s).  Specifically, I'm investigating how to use ECP calls to do this.

I dont know how to deterministically use keypresses to find the app on screen, nor have I found a way to call something that would give the app the highlight on the home screen to then have keypress commands take over.

Anyone have a creative solution to this problem?  I'm also not dead set on ECP- if there is another way to do this remotely/in an automated way.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jstegall

Re: Remove a channel via ECP

I was looking for an ECP API call for this as well and stumbled upon this post. I'm curious to know what your solution ended up being. I don't believe an ECP direct command to uninstall a channel by id exists (at least I get a 404 when guessing /uninstall/appId).

The best solution I've found so far is to use the search api route, e.g. POST search/browse?title={exactAppName}&type=channel - this will search for the channel and open its channel page on your tv. Note the use of title instead of keyword; title will match on the exact name of the channel. From there programming a few remote key presses should do it (Enter [opens menu], Down [selects Remove channel], Enter [opens confirmation prompt]...you get the idea.

Hope this is helpful!

James

0 Kudos