Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisakb140
Visitor

Re: Registry not cleared after removing channel

"squirreltown" wrote:
"lisakb140" wrote:
.has anyone else had a similar experience with flush()?

If you're not flush()-ing. the data in question won't be saved.  Now, maybe that's what you want, and maybe not. If you are having trouble with things persisting, it means you are not deleting the right things, when you think you are.

Thanks, yes, I'm using this when a user logs out of the channel. When I included flush() in this deleteRegistry function, even after going through the steps of "logging out", it still seemed like they would be logged in. 
I guess what I don't understand is why there would be a call to persist data in a function that is supposed to be deleting a registry...it seems counter-productive!
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

I wouldn't think deleting the keys would be really necessary.  Usually I simply write a default value to the keys my channel uses instead of deletion, so I don't see this issue.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Just consider flush() as save. Then it makes sense. And destruk is right, just overwrite the value, not the whole thing.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

How do you change the Dev ID for each channel? if you have 3 channels, do you have to have three different Roku devices signed into with three different developer accounts to save the package from?
Does the Registry also store if the channel is subscribed to or not?
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"matrixebiz" wrote:

How do you change the Dev ID for each channel?  if you have 3 channels, do you have to have three different Roku devices signed into with three different developer accounts to save the package from?

if you are talking about the dev ID that you get along with a password after running GenKey at port 8080  -  No, you don't. You can use the same for multiple channels.

Only if you make it do so. That's for you to code.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
matrixebiz
Roku Guru

"squirreltown" wrote:
"matrixebiz" wrote:

How do you change the Dev ID for each channel?  if you have 3 channels, do you have to have three different Roku devices signed into with three different developer accounts to save the package from?

if you are talking about the dev ID that you get along with a password after running GenKey at port 8080  -  No, you don't. You can use the same for multiple channels.

Only if you make it do so. That's for you to code.

Hello, does any of that Registry stuff get recorded with this channel?
https://github.com/rokudev/videoplayer-channel
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

It has functions for reading/writing to the registry but again, you will have to code what it is you want to save. 
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos

Ah, my dev channel was still installed and was using the same dev id. Once I removed, the registry was removed too as noted above. Thanks!
0 Kudos
grayghost99
Reel Rookie

I may be having the same problem.  In my case, I remove a channel (specifically Hulu) using my Ultra stick, but 24 hours later, it is back.  Same for the Tennis channel, but it generally takes a few days for it to return.  I have not found a fix; it may be a registry issue.  I have 3 Ultras in the house, all on the same account.  After removal, it is removed for 24 hours on all three but then returns on all three.  I know Roku will occasionally automatically add a channel, I suppose because of some agreement with the channel, like Hulu, but when I delete the channel I want it to stay deleted.  If this problem persists, I may ditch all 3 Ultras and go with Amazon.

0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

That's actually a different issue @grayghost99 , probably best to address with Roku support directly rather than us 3rd party devs.
https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

Or perhaps in the Community forums others may have seen / be seeing the same issue?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/bd-p/discussions

aspiring
0 Kudos